Please read: This is an in-person role based in New York, NY. To be considered, you must attach a resume and send a cover letter to email@example.com.
maude is looking for a data-focused CRM Manager to lead segmentation and lifecycle marketing and analysis across channels. This candidate will combine analytical rigor with clear strategy to optimize our retention marketing and expand cohorts within our customer base. To make this happen, you’ll develop a deep understanding of the maude brand, assess our consumer journey, and manage and reporting on multi-channel lifecycle marketing programs across multiple channels, working closely with acquisition. The ideal candidate has experience across email and CRM, takes a people-first approach to marketing, and is a thoughtful strategist and executor who thrives on building customer loyalty. This role will report to the SVP of Growth.
Cultivate retention strategies: Drive and activate the lifecycle retention campaigns, leveraging email, SMS, loyalty, and push channels from lead generation to engagement. Ensure best practices are implemented to maximize deliverability and maintain appropriate
segmentation. Manage day to day operations of upcoming and scheduled campaigns.
Optimize and activate segmentation : Identify and activate key customer cohorts, implement and manage a VIP Program of highly engaged customers, increased purchase frequency, cross category purchases, and ROI. Continuously work to segment messaging to the right customer at the right time. Utilize a test and learn approach.
Create a best-in-class user journey: Utilize customer insights to work cross-functionally across product, tech, and growth teams and optimize for the best-in-class digital user journey. Uplevel the digital experience with updated promotions, merchandising, product page creation, and creative refreshes that encourage frequency and retention.
Drive consumer insights: Interpret technical data to build innovative CRM strategies based on customer insights that create unique customer experiences. Provide a feedback loop via building dashboards and reporting on performance and customer insights to internal teams and external stakeholders. Additionally, be the maude expert on all CRM and customer feedback tools, staying on top of category and industry trends.
- Evolve channels: Expand and evolve our channels, staying ahead of best practices to ensure our strategies leverage the latest platform capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years of experience working in ecommerce, retention and CRM / email marketing, including content building, segmentation, A/B testing, and campaign automation.
- Experience building email campaigns/flows a must and SMS experience is highly preferred. (we use Klayvio and Yotpo); Shopify+ experience a must.
- Comfortable with Google Analytics and data tools (e.g. Looker).
- SQL and HTML experience is a plus.
- Background in a data-driven approach while equally understanding brand-building.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Google Suite, and project management tools like Airtable.
- Mastery of communication and writing to maintain an efficient and productive process.
- Knack for being resourceful and breaking traditional barriers to identify opportunity and challenge the paradigm.
Competitive salary and equity.
Health, life, commuter, vision, dental benefits.
Will work from our pet-friendly Williamsburg office.
9:30-6:00 M-Th, 9:30-5pm Friday working hours. Floating WFH days.
Cultural outings (think: Smithsonian, Nitehawk Cinema, sailing).
Launched in April 2018, maude is an essentials brand on a mission to make intimacy better through quality, simplicity, and inclusivity. Working closely with familiar factories, each of maude's body-safe products are made to be both easy-to-use and to elevate an everyday experience. Since its launch in April 2018, maude has been featured in Vogue, The New York Times, Fast Company, and some other 1200+ publications. In July of 2019, maude was one of CircleUp’s 25, an "annual award recognizing some of the most innovative consumer brands on the market”, part of The Lead’s Foremost 50 in both 2020 and 2021, and has been heralded as “redefining the sex essentials industry for modern consumers” by Forbes. maude is backed by funds including True Beauty Ventures, Fable Investments (under Natura&Co), True, RRE Ventures, CASSIUS Family, Endeavor, and angels Benjamin Millepied and Dakota Johnson, amongst others. In 2022, the company launched in Sephora, one of the first sexual wellness brands ever carried in the retailer’s 52-year history. In addition, the company announced partnerships with Advocates for Youth and SIECUS, organizations dedicated to sexual health access and education.