The best way to get yourself out of a bad mood? Switch to a mindset of gratitude. Research repeatedly shows that practicing gratitude does wonders for our mental health and it can actually alter our brains.
It’s also an essential ingredient in healthy relationships—when people regularly show gratitude towards their partner(s), they’re likely to have better sex. Improved mental health and sex? Count us in. Here’s how to show appreciation for your significant other.
- Tell them two things you love about them.
- Ask them about their day and really listen to what they have to say.
- Write them a little note telling them how much you appreciate them.
- Light a candle and give them a massage.
- Tell them two things they do in bed that really turn you on.
But it’s not just your partner who deserves some appreciation. Extending that love and gratitude to yourself can also give you a nice confidence boost that can help you feel less inhibited about sex. Here's how.
- Think about two things you did really well today.
- Write a list of three things that you love about yourself.
- Do something that makes you happy, be it exercise, dancing, playing with puppies, or taking a long bath.
- Give yourself a massage while appreciating each part of your body as you go.