Please read: This is an in-person role based in New York, NY. To be considered, you must attach a resume and send a cover letter to email@example.com.
maude is seeking a highly motivated and organized Product & Compliance Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate has 4-6+ years of compliance and product development experience, preferably for a beauty and CPG business. Success in this role will lie in further building out maude’s compliance efforts as the company continues expanding to new markets. The right candidate will be experienced working in high-growth, complex startups and be excited by both the challenges and opportunities of their day-to-day work. We are adding multiple new products in early 2022 and rapidly increasing sales channels and points of distribution.
Lead all US, FDA, and International Regulations: (UK, EU, Health Canada, and future global compliance) regulations including product and packaging compliance, artwork review, registrations, and new market research compliance.
Communicate emerging regulations: internally and with third-party manufacturing partners and testing agencies
Own filings & licenses: Create, manage, and maintain new and existing regulatory filings & licenses including FDA 510(k), medical device registration, CE and UKCA certifications, etc.
Review all new and existing packaging (primary and secondary) for compliance and manage and maintain global translations and packaging artwork for compliance when entering new markets working closely with the design team to update and create compliant product packaging
Aid in the execution of all product: With the Senior Director of Product, work on concepts, formulations, and product briefs from ideation to launch and assess any regulatory risks for current and future markets.
Maintain relationships: Work closely with external translation teams, regulatory consulting and testing agencies, and legal where applicable.
Maintain ingredient INCI documents: Manage claims library for internal reams to ensure data is accurate for social, marketing, and sales needed.
- Collect, manage, and coordinate: Own the information and documentation for submission to third-party regulatory and testing agencies as well as retail partners where applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 4-6 years of product compliance experience, preferably at a beauty or skincare CPG startup business
- Experience working with 3rd party contract manufacturers and compliance testing agencies
- Must be well versed in Beauty Regulations for the US, EU, and Canada. Medical Device experience preferred.
- Knowledge of CPG packaging and product development required
- A team player with strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills with the ability to multi-task and adapt
- Sense of urgency and can-do attitude
- Self-motivated and can work autonomously
- Competitive salary and equity.
- Generous vacation.
- Health, life, commuter, vision, dental benefits.
- Will work from our pet-friendly Williamsburg office.
- 9:30-6:00 M-Th in-office, 9:30-5pm WFH Friday working hours.
- Cultural outings (think: Smithsonian, Nitehawk Cinema, sailing).
Launched in April 2018, maude is an essentials brand on a mission to make intimacy better through quality, simplicity, and inclusivity. Working closely with familiar factories, each of maude's body-safe products are made to be both easy-to-use and to elevate an everyday experience. Featured in 1000+ publications including The New York Times and Forbes, maude was voted one of CircleUp's 25 and was heralded as “redefining the sex essentials industry for modern consumers.” Backed by investors including True, CASSIUS, RRE and Dakota Johnson, maude is on a mission to make sexual wellness better for all.