Please read: This is an in-person role based in New York, NY working with a small team. To be considered, you must attach a resume and send a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As Director of Digital Marketing, you will be a strategic leader who combines analytical rigor with emotional storytelling to deliver on a cross-channel growth strategy across DTC and online retail and building evangelists out of our existing customer base. To make this happen, you’ll develop a deep understanding of the maude brand, assess our consumer journey, and manage all marketing programs across multiple channels working closely with our brand and growth teams to execute efficiently. The ideal candidate has extensive knowledge in both paid, owned, and retention strategies and tactics, comprehensive experience in cohorts and segmentation, takes a people-first approach to marketing, and is an organized executor and role model who thrives on building brands. This role will report to the CEO.
- Lead marketing and media strategy and growth: Define, own, and drive both omnichannel growth and retention strategies, leveraging across all paid and organic social, paid and organic search, email and CRM, affiliate networks, influencer, display, digital video, OTT, and online retailer partnerships (Sephora, e.g.) to attract new and retain existing customers.
- Drive go-to-market planning. Work cross-functionally with our brand and sales team to map out long-term promotions, content releases, social programs, ad hoc emails and other customer programs across all digital and online retailer properties.
- Own marketing budget: Work with finance to develop and drive financial and KPI targets, budgets, and forecasts effectively prioritizing and allocating resources and spend to ensure efficiencies while meeting growth goals.
- A/B testing roadmap: Build and execute a testing roadmap of new and existing channels while regularly sharing out clear performance, test results, best practices and key learnings with the team to improve growth and optimize multi-channel messaging.
- Manage team: Lead internal team and agencies to to support growth initiatives and expansion, maintaining accountability, clear cross-functional communication, and alignment.
- Ensure a best-in-class digital experience: Utilize customer insights to work cross-functionally across product, tech, and growth teams and optimize for the best-in-class digital user journey. Manage the digital experience to encourage frequency and retention.
- Report on consumer insights and performance reporting: With our data tools, understand and report on marketing reporting, analyses, performance, customer behavior, sales data and customer feedback to create and drive key business insights that drive retention and LTV, based on both individual and cohort behavior.
- Evolve channels: Expand and evolve our marketing channels, staying ahead of best practices to ensure our strategies leverage the latest platform capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree in relevant field preferred.
- Beauty / personal care omnichannel experience required.
- 8+ years of experience working in ecommerce, digital marketing, and growth.
- 4+ years in people management and an ability to motivate and inspire innovation and efficiency.
- Success in previously creating and managing an omni-channel marketing strategy and budget directly tied to company growth and revenue.
- Background in a data-driven approach while equally understanding brand-building.
- Deep experience in Shopify Plus, SMS, ESP and Loyalty platforms.
- Expertise in marketing automation software, attribution modeling, digital tools (Google Analytics, data warehouse, etc.), and funnel optimization to understand CPA, attribution, cohort analysis, and LTV.
- Experience managing channels and digital marketers across content, social, paid search, SEO, and SEM with a thoughtful and kind approach.
- Proven experience managing agencies and outside partners.
- Extremely organized with the ability to meet all deadlines and communicate thoroughly.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Google Suite, and project management tools like Airtable.
- Mastery of communication and writing to maintain an efficient and productive process.
- Knack for being resourceful and breaking traditional barriers to identify opportunity and challenge the paradigm.
Competitive salary and equity.
Health, life, commuter, vision, dental benefits.
Will work from our pet-friendly Williamsburg office.
9:30-6:30 M-F working hours.
Cultural outings (think: Smithsonian, Nitehawk Cinema, sailing).
Launched in April 2018, maude is an essentials brand on a mission to make intimacy better through quality, simplicity, and inclusivity. Working closely with familiar factories, each of maude's body-safe products are made to be both easy-to-use and to elevate an everyday experience. Since its launch in April 2018, maude has been featured in Vogue, The New York Times, Fast Company, and some other 1200+ publications. In July of 2019, maude was one of CircleUp’s 25, an "annual award recognizing some of the most innovative consumer brands on the market”, part of The Lead’s Foremost 50 in both 2020 and 2021, and has been heralded as “redefining the sex essentials industry for modern consumers” by Forbes. maude is backed by funds including True Beauty Ventures, Fable Investments (under Natura&Co), True, RRE Ventures, CASSIUS Family, Endeavor, and angels Benjamin Millepied and Dakota Johnson, amongst others. In 2022, the company launched in Sephora, one of the first sexual wellness brands ever carried in the retailer’s 52-year history. In addition, the company announced partnerships with Advocates for Youth and SIECUS, organizations dedicated to sexual health access and education.