Please read: This is an in-person role based in New York, NY. To be considered, you must attach a resume and send a cover letter to email@example.com.
maude is looking for a CX and Digital Ops Associate to maintain a seamless, full circle customer experience, utilizing problem-solving, clear and empathetic communication, and efficiency-based solutions.The ideal candidate has experience in customer service and should have a keen eye for detail and a high sense of quality, and have the ability to think outside to box to for creative solutions to day-to-day problems. This candidate should represent the customer’s voice through identifying and sharing insights with cross functional teams and will succeed by delivering best-in-class support while always aiming to retain customers and delight VIPs. This associate will report to the Senior Operations Manager, and have an integral part in building the foundation for maude’s immediate and future success.
Note, as a sexual wellness company, this person is going to be responding to questions that are highly sensitive. As this might be the first or most important interaction customers have with the brand, it is crucial that this associate has empathy and a deep willingness to understand and address these concerns thoughtfully and responsibly.
Customer service: Provide best in class service to all customers by monitoring and responding strategically and empathetically to customer service questions, inquiries, and problems including product issues (returns, damages, general questions) and shipping issues (e.g. lost or delayed packages) via the CX platform Gorgias.io, optimizing for the best customer experience. Retain customers through going above and beyond to delight all interactions with customer service.
Evolve usage of Tools: Manage Gorgias account and unlock full potential of platform. Continuously improve connections between Shopify, additional tools and the customer. Maintain expert-level knowledge of our products and internal management systems as well as curiosity and awareness of new industry knowledge. Identify and implement additional CX systems (SMS, chat, etc.) working closely with the retention team to create a strong customer experience end-to-end.
Customer insights / opportunities: Work cross-functionally with our product and marketing teams to incorporate user feedback into the development and communications process and identify operational bottlenecks and work with the operations team to build scalable solutions that grow our capacity. Report weekly on recurring customer feedback and insights (tracking metrics) and report to internal teams such as tech, marketing, design, and product in order to constantly improve the customer experience
- Operations (DTC and Wholesale): Act as the glue between the customer, the warehouse, and our online store. Activate inventory updates from warehouse to the site and monitor QA for packaging and damages. Work closely with the Senior Operations Manager to ensure documentation (carton labels, packing lists, customs documents) are complete and correct for wholesale shipments working closely with our 3PL. Ensure product availability and shipping windows are accurate across DTC.
- 2-3 years working in a customer service role; experience in DTC / omnichannel preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Ability to think outside the box and operate within an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to identify problems and work cross-functionally to reach a solution.
- Mature disposition and ability to talk about sensitive topics.
- Superior written skills (punctuation, grammar, problem-solving).
- Strong people skills (people describe you as kind, sincere, patient, and positive).
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Able to work with back-end operations, quick to learn new tools.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of excel.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- Experience with Shopify is a must.
- Experience with customer service tools (Gorgias, Zendesk, etc.) a must.
- Availability to work during high volume times (holidays, sales, etc) as needed.
Competitive salary and equity.
Health, life, commuter, vision, dental benefits.
Will work from our pet-friendly Williamsburg office.
9:30-6:00 M-Th in-office, 9:30-5pm WFH Friday working hours.
Cultural outings (think: Smithsonian, Nitehawk Cinema, sailing).
Launched in April 2018, maude is an essentials brand on a mission to make intimacy better through quality, simplicity, and inclusivity. Working closely with familiar factories, each of maude's body-safe products are made to be both easy-to-use and to elevate an everyday experience. Featured in 1000+ publications including The New York Times and Forbes, maude was voted one of CircleUp's 25 and was heralded as “redefining the sex essentials industry for modern consumers.” Backed by investors including True, CASSIUS, RRE and Dakota Johnson, maude is on a mission to make sexual wellness better for all.